Located in Tucson, Arizona, The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures is a hidden gem that promises to transport you to a world of enchanting collectibles and miniature marvels. This captivating museum, located at 4455 E Camp Lowell Dr, offers a delightful journey into the realm of tiny wonders that will captivate visitors of all ages. Browse around this site.
Exploring the Miniature Universe
One of the museum’s most intriguing features is its permanent collection, which boasts over 500 antique and contemporary dollhouses and room boxes. These intricate creations allow you to step into different eras and experience the meticulous craftsmanship that goes into creating these mini masterpieces. From Victorian mansions to modern-day living spaces, the collection showcases the evolution of miniature artistry.
Ever-Changing Exhibits and Programs
The Mini Time Machine Museum is not just about its permanent collection. It keeps things fresh and exciting with frequent temporary exhibits, special programs, and events. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a returning enthusiast, there’s always something new to discover.
The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures currently has several temporary exhibits on display. Here are some of the exhibits based on the search results:
- “The Little Things: Carolyn Robles and Deborah Sliker” – This exhibition highlights the artistry of Tucson-based artist Carolyn Robles and her deep inspiration drawn from the transformative beauty of nature. The exhibit is scheduled to enthrall visitors from August 22, 2023, to February 4, 2024.
- “Ara Bentley’s Addams Family Mini Mansion” – This display presents a scaled-down replica of the iconic Addams Family mansion, meticulously crafted by the artist Ara Bentley. You can explore this exhibit from October 5, 2022, through November 5, 2023.
- “Exquisite Miniatures by Wes and Rachelle Siegrist” – Immerse yourself in the world of miniature art as Wes and Rachelle Siegrist showcase their diminutive masterpieces. This enchanting exhibit will be available for viewing from October 17, 2023, to January 21, 2024.
- “Dioramas of a Darker Nature: Abandoned Miniatures of Nicolas Levasseur” – Step into the intricate world of abandoned places through the miniature dioramas crafted by Nicolas Levasseur. This evocative exhibition will captivate your imagination from February 10 to May 7, 2023.
- “Remarkable Presence: Commemorating the Victims of COVID-19” – Jen Urso, a multi-disciplinary artist, sheds light on the impact of COVID-19 on communities through her visual expressions. This poignant exhibition runs from January 24 to April 16, 2023.
- “Tucson Miniature Society’s Show and Sale: Best in Show 2022” – Discover the finest miniature artworks showcased during the Tucson Miniature Society’s Show and Sale in 2022. This exceptional exhibit is available for viewing from November 8, 2022.
- “Jim Roark’s Metal Monsters” – Unveil the world of miniature metal sculptures portraying classic cars, skillfully crafted by the artist Jim Roark. This spotlight exhibit offers a unique experience for art enthusiasts and runs for an unspecified duration.
- “Tales from Min’Umbra” – Delve into the imaginative realm of shadow puppets through the artistic lens of Tania Yager, a puppeteer and artist. This captivating exhibit takes you on a journey from October 6, 2022, through January 22, 2023.
A Welcoming Experience for All
The Mini Time Machine Museum also promotes a safe, diverse, and warm environment beyond preserving miniatures art. These stores accept and appreciate all their visitors regardless of their age, race, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religion, education, class, or capability. Diversity and inclusivity remain the commitments of miniatures and every individual has a chance to enjoy the magic of miniatures.
What Visitors Are Saying
TripAdvisor reviewers have showered the museum with praise, calling it “a must-see for anyone who loves miniatures” and “a great place to spend a few hours.” These glowing testimonials highlight the museum’s ability to captivate and engage its visitors.
Plan Your Visit Today
If you’re eager to explore this miniature wonderland, here’s some practical information to help you plan your visit:
The museum welcomes visitors during its operating hours, which are from Tuesday to Sunday, welcoming visitors from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please note that it is closed on Mondays.
Admission fees are as follows:
- Adults: $14
- Seniors and college students with ID: $12
- Kids/youth ages 4-17: $8
- Military personnel: $12
- The “Museums for All” program offers admission for $3 for up to 4 people per family, making it an affordable and accessible experience for all.
For more information about the museum’s exhibits, events, and any special programs, visit their website or give them a call. The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures promises a truly unique and enchanting experience for anyone looking to explore the world of miniatures.
Immerse yourself in a world where the smallest details tell the grandest stories. The Mini Time Machine Museum is a testament to the boundless creativity and craftsmanship of miniaturists throughout the ages. So, make a date with the tiny wonders of Tucson and prepare to be amazed. A great place to also visit >>