A car modification, or “mod,” is a change you can make to your vehicle so that it differs from the original factory specifications. These changes can be made to improve your car’s performance and functionality, or they may be purely for aesthetics. Here is a list of 6 easy DIY car mods to help you really take pride in your vehicle.
- Short Throw Shifter. Installing a short throw shifter moves the pivot point of the shifter higher up the shift rod. This means that you will have to move the shifter a shorter distance, called a “shorter throw,” when driving the vehicle. The shifter will have a faster response time to your movements and shifting will seem more effortless. You can also add a custom shift knob for visual appeal.
- Throttle Cable Adjustment. The response of your car’s engine when the accelerator is pressed is called throttle response. Over time the cable that ties the throttle body and pedal together stretches and becomes loose. A quick and simple throttle cable adjustment will improve your vehicle’s overall performance.
- Interior Vinyl. Adding vinyl and a steering wheel cover to your car’s interior is both aesthetically pleasing and functional. With a variety of different vinyl patterns available, you can get creative to give your car an original style. Vinyl also protects your car’s dash and leather seats from damage and cracking due to sun exposure.
- Interior Lighting. Replacing the interior lighting with LED light strips is a great, cheap upgrade that adds ambiance and style to your car. Installing LED lights is easy, and you can be creative with the lighting effects, since the strips can be cut to any size.
- Middle Console Cover. Putting a cover on the middle console adds both style and comfort. The console is often used as an arm rest, so you can add extra padding and choose from a variety of different material and pattern choices. A cover can also protect your console when travelling with pets.
- USB Phone Charger. Installing a charger for your cell phone is both cheap and easy. You can get a quality car charger for around 10 dollars that is either held in place with a clamp, or magnetically. Most chargers only require a standard cigarette lighter adapter for power.
For all of your other auto repair and service needs in the Tucson, Arizona area, you can trust the experts at Accurate Service. We have been family owned since 1996 and take great pride in exceeding our customer’s expectations. Give us a call today at 520-620-9129 or schedule an appointment online at your convenience!