Accurate Service provides car heater blower repair for cars, pickups, and SUV’s in Tucson, Arizona.
Accurate Service has been providing Tucson with trusted auto repair for over 21 years. Call us at (520) 622-7685 or click here to schedule an appointment online.
Why Do People Choose Accurate Service?
“Everything from first phone contact to picking up car was first rate. Thank you.”- Beth W.
“Polite, efficient, affordable service.”- Gillian H.
Here in Tucson, AZ our temperatures may not drop as low as they do in other parts of the country, or state for that matter, but they do get low enough that driving without a properly functioning car heater can be uncomfortable.
About the Heater Blower Motor
The heater blower motor is located in the HVAC ducts, usually behind the glove compartment. When the heater (or AC) is active, the blower motor will push the desired temperature of air through the vents. When the heater is selected, the blower motor will suck in air and blow it over the heater core which will then provide heat from the vents.
Driving with a faulty blower motor may not make for a comfortable ride for the vehicle’s occupants, but there is no risk associated with continuing to use the vehicle.
Symptoms of a Faulty Heater Blower Motor
If the blower motor fails, you may find that the AC and/or heater still work with cool air or heat coming from the vents. However, the air pressure will have decreased significantly. This occurs at all temperatures and fan speeds. You may also notice a rattling or grinding noise coming from the passenger floorboard when the heater is active. This sound is a result of broken fan blades, or faulty fan bearing. The sound may come and go, and it may or may not change with the speed of the fan.
A few factors may contribute to a failing blower motor such as:
- The plastic fan blades will become brittle and break over time.
- Amount of use. Blower motors fail more frequently in high mileage vehicles. The more it’s used the quicker it can burn out.
- Dirt and debris in the HVAC box can seriously damage a blower motor, regardless of mileage or age.
Car Heater Motor Blower Repair at Accurate Service
If the blower motor needs to be replaced, we will do the following:
- Remove the glove box or lower cover from the dashboard granting access to the HVAC duct box.
- Remove the blower motor service cover.
- Disconnect the blower motor electronically.
- Remove the blower motor retaining screws and the blower motor.
- Install the blower motor resistor into the blower motor.
- Reverse order of removal operations.
After the above tasks are performed we will test the function of the motor blower, verifying that the problem is resolved.
Our expert mechanics offer the best car heater repair in Tucson, AZ at the best price. We service all makes and models of vehicles and can do any repair whether it be large or small. Call us at (520) 622-7685 or schedule an appointment online.